By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand why communication is important in adult social care settings
- Understand how to meet the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of an individual
- Understand how to reduce barriers to communication
- Understand confidentiality in adult social care settings
This course covers the following:
- What is Communication?
- Who do we communicate with?
- Why do we communicate?
- Types of communication
- Barriers of effective communication and how to reduce them
- Communication differences
- How to support people when communicating
- The need for confidentiality