At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the GDPR legislation relating to Data Protection and sharing Information 2018
- Be aware of the impact of the legislation on policies, procedures and systems within the workplace.
- Recognise employee and employer responsibilities relating to Data Protection
- Comprehend why the way we collect, store and share information and data is important.
- Understand why those who work in social care, at all levels and in all types of role, have a duty to uphold data principles including the way information is recorded and written down.
- GDPR 2018 principals
- Why is GDPR important?
- Seven key principles of the GDPR
- How to put the principals of the GDPR into practice
- Data Protection 2018 principals and guidelines
- What is transparent information, and valid consent
- Caldicott principles and handling information
- Presenting information
- Cyber security and social media